Sunday, September 20, 2015

Tahitian Applique Class

One of the classes I took at the Chattanooga AQS show was Tahitian Applique.  I learned a lot and now have a beautiful UFO to add to my collection!

It was an all day class and we started by picking out a pattern, folding our fabric and pinning the pattern on the fabric.  Next was cutting it out and placing it on the background.  Since Didi McElroy was the teacher (by the way a wonderful teacher) we used Roxanne’s Glue-Baste-It, which she invented and named after her mother. After glue basting the design we were ready to start appliqueing.  I learned a lot about needle-turn applique in a couple of hours.  I only got started on the applique but at least I feel confident enough to continue stitching.

Here is my piece being shown during show and tell right after lunch.

0915 Tatitian Applique

Great fun!

Melinda

1 comment:

  1. Nice job and I agree Didi is a good teacher.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails