Monday, August 16, 2010

Needle Case Finished and Mailed

I completed my needle case for the swap and it is on the way north.  The pattern called for regular fabric but I decided to make it in wool.  Here is the front of the needle case and then with it open. I really like the heavy wool I used for the center of the case.

I was going to wrap it in tissue paper but saw this fat quarter and decided to use it instead of paper.  I used Moda twill tape from a fat quarter stack for ribbon.  I think it is very cute and hope my swap partner likes it as much as I like the one I received.  I also added an old/antique paper book of needles to the package before I wrapped it.  Forgot to take a photo of it.

Melinda

3 comments:

  1. Wow Melinda... it is just so beautiful. I wish I was you swap partner...

    Sandy N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a nice needle case! Very pretty! I really like the idea of using wool. This is such a dumb question; did you glue the white fabric to the green? I really need to make one and I'm trying to decide how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melinda- you outdid yourself- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! Your swap partner is a lucky woman! Also love the fabric you wrapped it in!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails