Saturday, August 07, 2010

Binding

I have been working on binding a quilt for the quilt shop.  The quilt was made by the designer of the pattern and I quilted it before I went to Las Vegas.  Since we hung all the Halloween and Christmas quilts, I was able to get the binding on this quilt.

I love striped binding – I usually make straight grain binding but I am willing to cut the bias binding when I am dealing with stripes.  Of course the best of all worlds for me is when the stripes are printed on the diagonal.

This binding is the same fabric as in the striped blocks but looks very different on the bias.

Melinda

2 comments:

  1. beautiful! I love the binding- I have to remember that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, that binding looks great. I remember the first striped binding I did, I was so impressed with how it came out.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails