Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I am back!

I have been having problems getting to my blog for over a week. Two days ago I contacted Comcast and they told me that I had a bad modem. I could get to most of the internet but not to blogger - no matter when or how often I tried. They suggested that I take my modem to the Comast store and get a new one. Sounds simple, doesn't it.

After waiting in line for about an hour, the nice lady gave me a new modem and told me that all I had to do was just plug it in and it would work. Right!!!

I tried that and then called Comcast. They told me that they had to register the modem and it would work at 5:00. At 5:30, I called and they told me that the ticket had been sent to the wrong department and it was being redirected and everything would work by 7:30. At 8:00 I called again. This time it was being escalated and should work sometime - no estimate of what that meant.

Since I have to send some emails and pay my bills, I decided that I would go to the Library as I understand they now have free wireless available at my local branch. I decided to give it one more try and it works! This is the first time I have been able to get to my blog in almost two weeks. I have a lot of pictures to post and things to talk about but have to go teach my beginning machine piecing class in a few minutes. Will post again this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails