Friday, May 25, 2007

Quilt Guild Meeting today

East Cobb Quilt Guild meeting was today. This year the guild is 25 years old so our program was about the beginning and history of the guild. We also had a special show and tell of first quilts. About 12 of the past presidents were there and many of them had their President's quilts with them. Interesting to see the changes over the years.

As First Vice-President, I am responsible for the President's quilt for the current president. She will be out of town next month so I can freely talk about it at the next meeting. She loves reproduction fabrics, and her favorite colors are red and gold so we will do something along that line.

Went out to lunch afterwards and had lettuce wraps - Yum!

The above photo is of my fairy quilt at the shop. See the cute way I packaged the kits. Of course, I found lime green containers.

4 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the fairy kits! I still need to do up my quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the fairy quilt looks adorable sitting next to the kits. What a great way to package them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful display! I would buy one just because it looks so pretty! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy, I really miss Tiny Stitches. I'm not crazy about the quilt shop here in Minneapolis and the local one at my Mom's in VA doesn't have the greatest selection either.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails