Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Two More Blocks for my BOM

Most of the people at guild have finished their 2009 BOM but I am still plugging away.  I still have several more blocks to make plus the feathered star for the center of the quilt.

1009-BOM-2009

Here is the cover of the pattern as a reminder.  Almost everyone is doing a two color quilt using a light background and either red or blue for the second color.  Most are doing controlled scrappy quilts with several different reds or blues or whatever.

0109-Black-and-White This is my stack of neutral fabrics.  I don’t think anyone else is using a dark background and I am sometimes confusing myself reading the pattern and mixing up the background and color but the finished blocks make it worth while.

0109-Lime-Green Here is my other color – lime green of course.  I am really liking how it looks with the dark background.

Here are the two blocks I made today.

I have discovered that making this quilt really scrappy is much more time consuming than just using a few fabrics in each block.  I have done this many blocks being very scrappy so that I guess I need to keep it up. 

Melinda

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails