Thursday, August 06, 2009

Blooming Nine Patch

Blooming Nine Patch is one of my favorite quilts.  I have made two of them and have one in progress.  The first one I made, my fabric selection was not as good as it can be.  It looks more like a medallion of yellow in the center with a purple large border.  The second one is yellow to blue and is absolutely beautiful.

I teach this at Tiny Stitches a couple of times a year and there were two students in the nighttime class who had their blocks made.  This is the morning quilt where I only had one student.

 

This fabric came from a Three Sisters line by Moda and is actually Christmas fabric although it can be used year round.  I really love how it turned out.

Here are the evening quilts.

Karen wanted her quilt to look like the beach – from the sand in the middle to the ocean on the outside.  I think she was successful!

Chris has purple and green batiks.  She started to sew the quilt together in straight rows instead of on point so it will probably turn out differently but it is beautiful.

I think I have caught up on the classes I have taught since coming home from vacation.  I still have a few Las Vegas photos that I want to share so will try to do that soon.

Melinda

1 comment:

  1. i really like the beach colors one. but, alas, i have no desire to ever make another blooming9....

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails