Wednesday, August 12, 2009

East Cobb Quilt Show

I received my acceptance letter earlier this week.  I entered four quilts and three of them were accepted.  I have two pieced quilts, my Kiwi Zinger and Noah’s Ark for Noah and a miniature quilt which is a log cabin with 3/4 inch logs.

Kiwi Zinger 2 

The Kiwi Zinger is my selvage quilt and I still need to put the binding and a sleeve on it.  I am going to bind it in the Kiwi green solid.

Noah's Ark

This Noah’s ark quilt is named “Noah’s Ark for Noah” and will be my grandson Noah’s Christmas present.

Floral Log Cabin

This is my 20” by 20” log cabin quilt.  It is called simply Floral Log Cabin.  It is backed with the fabric that is cut up for the blocks and borders.

I still have to add sleeves to the last two.  Guess I better get busy.

I also have two quilts to quilt that have been accepted into the show.  They belong to other people.  One will be in the two person pieced category and the other will be in the group category since it is made by one person, quilted by me and bound by the owner.  It is a beautiful appliqué quilt with a pieced background. 

Melinda

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations......I love all of them, especially the little log cabin quilt, It turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky me and I get to see them all at the shop. I will yell and scream and stomp my feet when I walk by them! (and you know I'll do it too!)

    I had a ball with the Allatoona Guild on Tuesday..I'm so honored to be asked to teach at Red Top. I'll be packin my goodies. Can't wait!!!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I live in gwinnett county and was wondering when and where is the East Cobb Quilt Show? I would love to go! Thanks and Congratulations on being accepted.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails