Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Beginning Machine Piecing – New Classes

It is time for another 6 week session of Beginning Machine Piecing at Tiny Stitches.  I have two classes – one in the morning and a second one in the afternoon.  For some reason, several of the students were told not to purchase fabric before the class.  I always encourage them to get the fabric ahead of time.  Anyway, it was very busy but we managed to get through the first class and they all did great!

One of the things I enjoy is seeing the different fabric choices people make.  Here are the ones that were worked on today.

Aren’t they all great choices?  We worked on learning to press, iron and cut the fabrics accurately and how to get a 1/4 inch seam every time.  They also started making rail fence blocks.  I teach from an Alex Anderson book called Start Quilting and we make a simple little quilt with 6 inch blocks.

Next week we move on to nine patches.

Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails