Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Beyond Beginners

I taught two classes yesterday. It was the second in a series of classes called Beyond Beginners. This is a fairly simple quilt but since it is set on point, it provides a good teaching opportunity. I showed them how to cut squares that are larger than your ruler, how to cut setting triangles for the sides and the corners.

There were four students in the morning and three in the evening.

This is the store sample of the quilt. It is made by Nancy and uses Amy Butler fabrics. I love this quilt.

This one will be gorgeous when finished. Karen got a couple of yards of several gold and red Asian fabrics at Super Bolt Sunday. It is going to look great!

Chris used this beautiful bird fabric for her focus squares and setting triangles.

Illeyse had some beautiful fabrics. She had all her pieces cut so she was able to get several blocks done.



This one belongs to Mary Rose. She had a little problem with her fabrics and anciently used the same borders for bot of her squares. Sometime a mistake discovers a new design opportunity. Since this quilt will be for a little girl, I think it will work out great.


Helen used some of the same fabrics that I used to make my Metro Maze quilt. I love the green and brown together.


This is the same fabric line that I am working on right now. I am making a Yellow Brick Road and I am ready to put the borders on. I got the inner border pieced today and hope to get it on the quilt tomorrow morning.


Look at this one - isn't it interesting how the same quilt looks so different with different fabrics.

1 comment:

  1. cute quilts!!!

    question:
    is this pattern from pat sloan's "i can't believe i'm quiltng beyond the basics" book???
    this reminded me of a green one in that book.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails