Tuesday, February 17, 2009

BOM - Month 2

We had our second meeting for the block of the month at Allatoona today. This is turning out very successful. The newer quilters are learning a lot and the rest of us are getting some sewing done and having a good time helping others. I took a few photos of some of the color combinations that people are using. I love to see what other people choose.












I think I am the only one who is using a dark background. Everyone else is using a light background. I really have to pay attention to the pattern because the drawings show the background as light and color as dark. I keep confusing myself because of this.


Today we made 8 half square log cabin blocks. First we made the center of the log cabin using both color and background. I precut all the logs before we started so it was easy to put them together.


Here are four of the blocks. I am still happy with how the green and black are working together.

We can now put some of the blocks together since the log cabin and double four patch fit together for four sections of the quilt. Next month we will work on more of the feathered star center block (I say more but since I haven't started it, that probably isn't accurate) and make two star blocks. I think these are sawtooth star within sawtooth star blocks.

1 comment:

  1. I love how you are using lime with black & white. (I may have only "thought" that while catching up on blog reading.)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails