Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pillowcase Class Today

I taught a pillowcase class today at Tiny Stitches. One of the students had not made pillowcases at all but since the class was billed as an advanced class, we put prairie points on the pillowcases. Judy is visiting Marietta while her husband is working here and found the shop a few days ago. She signed up for class and we loaned her a sewing machine. She picked out this black and white fabric and used a Lakehouse alphabet fabric to put her name on her pillowcase. She finished this one in class and then bought enough to make an second one for her husband.

Unfortunately, this is the only one I got a photo of. There was also a great blue and yellow with yellow prairie points.

Whenever I teach a pillowcase class, I make one as it is easier to show them how to make one by actually making it. We got this wonderful I Love Lucy fabric about a week ago and there was an apron made from it for the shop. My neice Shelli is a BIG Lucy fan but I didn't think she would use an apron so I made her a pillowcase.


I used a great check on the cuff on the pillowcase and a gray flange. Lucy is from the famous episode at the candy factory. I think Shelli will like it.

Here it is all folded up ready to be put in an envelope and mailed - on my list for tomorrow.


1 comment:

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails