Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Getting Ready for Las Vegas

Less than two weeks before I leave for Southern California.  My grandchildren from Sweden will be there, along with my grandson from San Francisco.  I will be visiting for a week with them and then Robin and I will drive to our yearly retreat in Las Vegas.

One of the projects we will be working on in Las Vegas is a Hidden Wells quilt.  Robin and I made them many years ago.  We used the same fabrics but they turned out very different.  Here is a brief look at mine from back then.

Hidden Wells

The supply list calls for four each of two color families.  Since I am trying to use my stash, I found an old kit to make a Weaver Fever quilt.  It had three each of purple and lime green.  I found one more of each color and I think I am set.

I also worked on cutting the rest of my fabric for my Smokey Mountain Stars quilt.  Here is the box full of parts so far.

I am continuing to use these as leaders/enders and I get a lot done when working on something else.

Melinda

4 comments:

  1. Oh! Love the purples and limes! That's a pretty jazzy color combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the fabrics for your Hidden Wells. I really need to figure out what fabrics I'm going to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the purple and lime are a great combo can't to see the fruits of your "labor". I never consider sewing a "labor" unless it's something for someone on ugly or diificult fabric and under a time line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:58 PM

    I had forgotten all about the "Hidden Wells" pattern. I have it somewhere I think. It has always been a great project. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails