Thursday, June 14, 2012

Allatoona Guild Auction Purchases

I did buy a few things at the auction last week.  I spent a total of $18 and brought a couple of bags home full of things I didn’t need – in fact I really don’t need anything related to sewing/quilting.

First I rescued two quilt tops.  I paid $1 for one of the and $3 for the second.  I don’t remember which is which.  Here is the red and white quit top.

It is very simple but the piecing is much more complex than I would do.  Look at the intersections of the white.

Next is a blue and white stripped quilt top.  I didn’t realize it was such large interesting blocks. 

Look at the random way the stripped and plain fabric is used.  Interesting!  It will be fun to quilt these – of course I already have lots of my own quilt tops that need to be quilted and don’t need to buy more to put in the stack.

Our friend Ruth passed away about three years ago and many of her things were donated and in the auction.  I bought two bundles of old linens – I am a sucker for old linens.

Melinda

3 comments:

  1. Nice scores! I love that stripe and I too love old linens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those quilt tops are just wonderful, kinda partial to the black and white one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you use old linens?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails