Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Piecemakers and QOV

Yesterday was the monthly meeting of Piecemakers.  The goal for the day was to make at least one QOV quilt.  Nancy had found a pattern at the Georgia Quilt Council convention a couple of weeks ago and asked us to bring 3 1/2 inch strips of red, white and blue.  She supplied gold and many blocks were made.  My contribution was to go through my stash and fine fabrics for borders and backing.  I came up with about 30 yards so my stash report next week will look good.

I forgot to take a photo of the stack of fabrics I took but you can see one of them as the borders on the quilt top we were finished.

0412 QOV 2

I had at least 2 or three fabrics that were large enough for backing.  Yea!

After the meeting, we went for Cuban food – yum! and then I worked on our taxes.  Since we owe some, I have been in no hurry to finish.  I got them done last night and will do a final review today before sending them in.

Melinda

2 comments:

  1. great tops, don't you just love having the pieces that finish a work off. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WooHoo--Very Nice Quilts--Going though stash, finishing taxes and Cuban food. Could it get any better!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails