Friday, July 25, 2008

Christmas and Halloween Quilts

Here are the two quilts I made for Christmas in July/Festival of Holidays. This is the Christmas child's quilt made out of Scottie dog Christmas fabric.

I love how the 4 patch kaleidoscope blocks look.

Next is a closeup that shows the quilting. I did a variation of dwirling. I really like how it gives the quilt texture without overwhelming the quilt. I quilted this with lime green thread. The binding is a great stripe that is cut on the bias.


Next is a quick but very cute Halloween quilt. The center of the quilt is a printed panel. All you need to do is add borders to it. The first border is the orange one and the only tricky thing about it was cutting the plaid straight and sewing it on straight.


Next is a simple piano key border and then last is a plain border with just half square triangles in the corners. Very simple but very effective.


I quilted it with orange thread using the waterworld pantograph. Turned out very nice.

1 comment:

  1. how fun.
    i seriously LOVE the halloween panel quilt.

    i'm SO ready for fall!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails