Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Another Look at Last Year's Raffle Quilt

This is the raffle quilt for ECQG from last year. It hung at Nashville and was raffled off during our quilt show last September. It was won by Linda who is one of my quilting customers. Of course, she bought the winning ticket from me. She was so excited when we called her to tell her she had won.

This quilt is truly a work of art. It is all hand appliqued by women from the guild and I had the honor of quilting it.


This is the center of the quilt. The gazebo is based on the gazebo that is in the center of the downtown square in Marietta. You can see a little of the gazebo here. It is in the left photo. I stitched clouds in the sky and pebbles in the walkway. The pebbles are one of my favorite things on the quilt.


Here you can see the bricks at the base of the gazebo, as well as the bushes in front of it.


This is one of the beautiful appliques that surround the center. Each was done by a different person so there are very slight differences in color and placement of the flowers.


Here is the lower left corner of the quilt. It is hanging at Tiny Stitches for a couple of weeks. Linda has several grandchildren and has had the quilt packed away since she won it. It isn't the type of quilt to put on a bed where children are around and she doesn't have a large enough wall to display it.

I think it is the quilt I am most proud of the quilting on. We didn't win a ribbon for it but we did make a lot of money for the guild with it and made Linda very happy when she won it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails