Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Piecemakers Block Exchange

Our monthly Piecemakers Bee is meeting on Monday and we are doing our yearly block exchange.  This year we are exchanging string blocks.  As you can see, they start with a narrow white center.  Each of us was able to ask for two colors to be used and for one color not to be used.

You can probably tell that one person asked for patriotic, one for greens, one for yellow, one for red and one for Christmas fabric.  The others didn’t specify a fabric preference.  They were actually harder to make than the ones that asked for a specific color choice.

You probably can guess that I asked for Black and White.  Since these blocks are only 8 1/2 inches unfinished, I will have to make quite a lot more blocks to really make anything out of them. I plan to make more after I see what I get on Monday.

We have a challenge each year to have a completed project done by our Christmas Party in early December.  I am ashamed to admit that I haven’t completed a single one yet but really would like to do it this year.

Melinda

2 comments:

  1. These all look like so much fun!! All beautiful, all the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look great! my group is making blocks for this month, hope we get enough to make something fun. cw

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails