Friday, October 05, 2012

Hexie Progress

I haven’t finished putting the flowers together yet – still have four more to add but I did decide on the border/background.  I had a lot of good suggestions about possible fabrics and they all sounded good.  Sarah suggested that I use a Kaffe print.  I couldn’t find one I liked but sitting right next to the Kaffe was Amy Butler and I tried one of them.  I like it.

I know it is not a traditional fabric to use with a GFG but I don’t want traditional.  I think I have said  that I don’t really like this hexie quilt but I am determined to finish it.  Now I need to get the rest of the flowers sewn on so I can applique the whole thing to the Amy Butler fabric. 

Next to come up with a name for the quilt.

Grandma meets Amy

Not Amy’s Grandmother

???

Suggestions welcome.

Melinda

1 comment:

  1. I have a hexie I started 1.5 yrs ago. Last month I put together 6 more flowers. I hate it. Sometimes I think if I walked in the room took it outside and placed it in the burn barrel, before I thought about it, I would be free from it. I want to see how GFG looks when machine quilted. I KNOW I will never hand quilt it.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails