Sunday, February 11, 2007

Finished Purses

I am having trouble getting some photos from my phone to my computer. Sometimes technology gets the best of me. Two of my students came in to the shop today and finished up their purses that they couldn't finish last Wednesday night. This is the New York purse. She only had a small amount of the New York fabric so we fussy cut it so the best parts show on the front of the purse. See the Statue of Liberty at the top of the purse?


This was a City Bag by Lazy Girl. It is a large bag, not quite a tote but would work well for a smaller laptop or files. The fabric she chose is really beautiful and she is giving it to her daughter for Valentines day. The first photo is of the front of the bag with a pocket.


This is the back of the bag. It has a single pocket all the way across the back.

Both bags have zippers in them and students are always afraid of trying to put in a zipper. Both of these purse patterns have very easy ways of doing the zipper and they went in without any drama.

Hopefully I will be able to get the photos of the other three purses transferred soon so I can show them all off.

I was so excited about the new fabric/quilt that I got it all cut out last night and strip-pieced the major pieces this morning. I got some of the sub-cuts done and have a few more still to cut. I am ready to start piecing the top together. I also found a great polkadot fabric for backing and have it ready when I get the top pieced.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails