Sunday, January 27, 2013

My Sister Robin’s Christmas Present

Back in the fall, I ordered a wonderful Christmas present from Carol Turznik.  If you don’t know about Carol, you should go to her blog and check her out.  She makes wonderful portraits and I commissioned her to make one of Robin.  I received it in plenty of time but after getting the rest of the California Christmas presents together I mailed it exactly a week before Christmas.  I mailed my daughter’s family gifts at the same time and they received theirs before Christmas.  Robin didn’t.  I kept checking with her and it didn’t arrive and it didn’t arrive.  About 2 weeks ago, it finally came back to me.

For some unknown reason, I put the correct street, city and zip code but her house number is 4373 and I wrote 4341.  How did I do that?  4341 is the number of the house we grew up in.  I haven’t lived in that house for over 50 years!  What was I thinking?

Anyway, she finally received it yesterday so I can finally post a photo of it.

0113 Robin-1

Here is Robin’s blog post about it.  I am so glad it finally arrived.  Here is the photo of Robin I sent her for inspiration.

Robin

Melinda

2 comments:

  1. I love Carol's Ladies quilts. What a great gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful Christmas gift. Well worth the long wait.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails