Thursday, August 13, 2015

Christmas Table Topper

Next month the three (yes that is right three) quilt shops in Marietta are having a yearly small shop hop called Sweet Home Marietta.  The focus this time is table settings.  Each shop will have a free pattern to give out.  Ours is going to be a table topper celebrating holidays.  Each employee is making a version of the table topper to display.  I selected bright Christmas fabric from Michael Miller.

First I made the center of the top and was quite upset with the way it turned out.  Can you see the problem?

0815 Center of Table Topper

If I had wanted to line up those bottom stripe, I couldn’t but by accident, it sure did.  I then took it apart and made sure the stripes were not lined up.  I think it looks better now.  I also got the border put on.

0815 Table Topper

Now it just needs to be quilted and it is done.

Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails