Sunday, August 05, 2012

Stash Report–Week 31, 2012

Judy posts in her blog today that she sometimes wonders why she is continuing with the stash report even though she hasn’t been sewing much lately.  Since I have consistently brought more in than out, I sometimes wonder the same thing.  But I decided I will continue to track, at least for the rest of the year.  No promises after that.

First the in report.  I am designing and making yet another quilt for a class at the shop.  It will be a sampler quilt of 12 blocks, each will be 12 inch finished.  My plan is to have blocks beyond the beginner level that will allow the students to build on what they have learned in the beginner class.  I posted a fuzzy photo of the fabrics at the last design wall post.  It requires about 6 yards.

I finished the jelly roll quilt which meant that I needed to get backing for it.  I have plenty of fabric here to make a back out of but because it will be a shop sample, I needed to get new/current fabric.  The fabric line I made the quilt out of still isn’t released (except for the precuts) so I found an extra wide backing fabric (gray polka dots!) and bought 2 yards.

The jelly roll quilt is ready for quilting so I am counting the 2 yards backing and 4.25 yards for the front.  I started sewing Smokey Mountain Stars together so hopefully will have more progress soon.

I will be picking a winner for the traveling stash later today so if you are interested, comment on my post here.

Finally, here is my stash report.

Used this Week:  6.25 yards
Used year to Date: 220.5 yards
Added this Week: 8 yards
Added Year to Date: 268.25 yards
Net Used for 2012:  -47.75

For more stash reports, go to Patchwork Times.

Melinda

1 comment:

  1. Not sure you should have to count the ins and outs of store samples as it might not be fabrics you would usually purchase.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails