As you saw yesterday, I have a traveling stash box here. This is the one that is posted on the 29th of each month and that is today. It is really stuffed full and I had a hard time deciding what to take out.
There are quite a few 5 inch charms in the box and I picked out some of the polka dot ones. I also took a cut of Christmas fabrics and the other polka dot fabrics from the box. I also took the wool scraps to add to my wool collection and one pattern for a notebook cover. There are several other patterns in the box. I forgot that I took two other patterns out.
I haven’t replaced everything yet but rest assured, the box will be packed full of goodies when it moves on.
Here are the rules:THE TRAVELING STASH RULES AND GUIDELINES
- Be an active blogger. Post about receiving and the giveaway on your blog in a timely manner.
- There is a note in the box that logs where the box has been. Please add your info and place the note back in the box.
- There is a list of Rules and Guidelines in the box. Please read and follow these and return the list to the box.
- You may take anything you like from the box. Just replace every item with comparable quilt shop quality items equal to the amount taken. See guidelines below.
- Ship the box to the next person in a reasonable amount of time.
- Due to the amount of postage shipping is only within the USA.
The definition of a stash is a secret store of valuables. For quilters it's a collection of usable quality products. The stash should contain mostly fabric with a few patterns and/or books and other items.
- FABRIC: Should be quilt shop quality in new condition. Scraps should only be included if they are cut for adding to a collection and packaged accordingly (i.e. I-Spy squares, postage stamp squares, etc.). There should not be anything under a Fat Quarter unless packaged like this.
- PATTERNS/BOOKS: Should be in new or gently used condition. They should be kept to a minimum (books are bulky and add weight).
- OTHER ITEMS: Should be in new or gently used condition. Tools, notions, etc. These items should be packaged if necessary.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER:
- If you receive a box with anything that is of "poor" condition you should not feel guilty in tossing it out.
- Only put items in the box that you would be proud to own. The box is NOT a dumping place for all your outdated unwanted items.
- Items should be free of smoke and pet hairs.
- You must replace items you take with the same quantity of like-kind items. Replacing more than you take is always welcome. :)
The winner of this Traveling Stash will host the next giveaway on August 29th.
If you are interested in winning the box, leave me a message on this post. As part of your message, tell me what your favorite summer dessert is. I think mine is homemade ice cream. I will draw for a winner on August 5th and send the box on right after that.