Thursday, January 05, 2012

Rayon Batik

Several years ago, there was a vendor of Rayon Batik dresses at the Orange County Flea Market in California and both my sister and I loved the dresses and had several of them.  Well, we wore them out – to the point that they had to be thrown away and couldn’t even be given to charity.  They fell apart after wearing them to death.  Ever since then, we have been looking for this type of dress but have been unsuccessful.

At quilt market in Houston, Robin found Rayon Batik. For Christmas, she gave me enough to make 3 dresses.

Aren’t they beautiful?  Now all I have to do is find a pattern and try to remember how to sew clothes. 

Melinda

2 comments:

  1. I think remembering to sew clothes is rather like riding a bicycle. You just get back on and it all comes back to you as you need it. This was my experience, anyway!! Your batiks are beautiful. Something breezy and flowing would be fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes...those are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails