I finished my last embroidery block for Winter Wonderland last night – at least I thought I had finished it. I went upstairs to the sewing room and started pressing all the blocks, trimming them to the correct size and sewing them together. The last block I worked on was the last one I was ready to trim. Here it is – before trimming.
When I started to trim it, I thought something was wrong. Apparently I forgot to trace three more little snowflakes. So this morning, I stitched the last snowflakes and you can see it completed in the center of the next photo.
Some of the blocks are sewn together and I should be able to complete the sewing tonight. I then will add the first border and it will be ready to do a fly stitch on all of the seams.
At a sew-in last week, I started cutting the star blocks. I have been making little kits of the star blocks so hopefully if I have a little time, I can get one block done at a time. There are 23 star blocks and then some filler blocks. I am actually believing I will have a quilt some day soon.
I think I am going to take an embroidery break after the fly stitch and knit some socks.
For more design walls, check out Judy L’s blog here.