Monday, September 06, 2010

New Camera and Ice Cream

We went out to Costco today to look at cameras and when we got there, it was closed!  Don’t they know that Labor Day is a big retail day?  Since we were close to Steak and Shake, we decided to go there and decide what to do next.  After a yummy lunch, we went to Best Buy and I found a Nikon Coolpix S4000.  I bought it so I no longer have to use the $39 Wal-Mart camera that does strange things.

Before we left for Costco, I mixed up some custard ice cream and stuck the mixture in the refrigerator to cool.  On the way home we stopped and got a bag of ice and proceeded to make ice cream in the kitchen sink.

I don’t think we used enough salt for the amount of ice so it took a long time to freeze.  Here it is when the motor finally stopped.

The ice cream was extremely rich as it was made from lots of eggs, evaporated milk, sugar and even sweetened condensed milk – Yum.  We have a large container of it safely in the freezer now for future indulgences.

Guild is tomorrow so I am working on  a cabbage/chicken salad to take for the potluck.  Should have lots of photos of show and tell to share tomorrow.

Melinda

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new camera! And that looks just yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo hoo! on the new camera! Those pix looks great, and so does the frozen treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah have fun w/the new camera.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails