Friday, June 23, 2006






We had a great time at our FiberArtBee today. We meet at the local Fiber Art store - Fiber on a Whim in Sandy Springs, GA. They have a great basement that we rent each month. This month we played with Setacolor and bleeding tissue paper. The above are the results I got today. Now that I understand more about it, I want to try to do more. It was a lot of fun playing but since we didn't really understand the process, some of the results were not exactly what we had hoped for.

It was a very hot day and by putting our fabric out in the parking lot in the sun, it only took about 20 minutes to dry. Putting it directly on the asphalt created more texture.

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try this too since reading about it last month. Is it colorfast? Have you washed it? I have some tissue that I bought for the boys' 4H pinatas! Hopefully some will be left!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried this technique and love it (I also love Fiber on a Whim, btw; stopped by there last month when I was in Atlanta for a conference). Anyway, I'm wondering whether the color fades, too; someone told me that it might fade in a year or two, and I'm worried about using it in a quilt if that's the case.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails