Sunday, February 06, 2011

Quilts at the Capitol

Last Monday we went to Georgia State Capitol in Atlanta.  None of us had been there before and we had a little trouble getting a parking place but we made it.

The quilt exhibition at the Capitol was wonderful.  Here are the three quilts that I had a part in making.  First is the Modern Quilt Guild’s quilt that I made two blocks for an quilted.

Next is the quilt from Allatoona.  I made two blocks for this one.

This one is from the East Cobb Quilters’ Guild.  I made two blocks for this one also.  One big basket block and one block with the small baskets.

There were so many wonderful quilts – here are a few more I really liked.

 

All of these quilts now belong to the Southeastern Textile and Quilt Museum and eventually will be auctioned off to benefit the museum.

Melinda

2 comments:

  1. All are lovely quilts Melinda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilts look great Melinda. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails