Saturday, December 06, 2008

Strip Bag

We had a Christmas party for customers at Tiny Stitches. They paid $5 to reserve a spot and then when they left, they got a goodie bag. Part of the bag included a little roll of 1 1/2 inch strips. I cut them all on the AccuCut and rolled them. I tied them with extra fabric and they really looked cute.

Of course, they also got some other things in the bag, including a discount coupon for a future purpose.

Any way, after cutting all the strips and rolling up the strips, we decided that we needed to also give them an idea of a project to make out of the strips.
This little bag is what I ended up with. The strips were 1 1/2 inches by approximately 22 inches or 1/2 the width of fabric. There were 10 strips and I simply sewed them together. Once sewn, I trimmed them to a rectangle, added batting and a lining fabric. We didn't include the lining/binding fabric but all the customer needs is 1/3 yard.
Here is the bag opened. It really turned out good and hopefully many of the customers will like it. Making it was fun but doing the directions was a challenge. It is always hard to write directions that can be understood by almost anyone.

4 comments:

  1. What a great little gift that could be. thanks for the idea

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little bag. Do you add the binding before folding it? I'm hoping to get by your shop sometime while we are in Marietta the week of or the week after Christmas. Don't know my exact schedule yet. Do you know yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to making this bag with Kay, who I'm sure will decide it is HERS. The party was really fun. I look forward to it every year, you never know what Maetha is going to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a wonderful little project! I'll bet you are better at putting directions together than you realize!
    cheers,
    Dionne

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails