Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

I finally finished and delivered my last customer Christmas quilt today! Nothing like working until the last minute.

Bill's parents stopped by here this afternoon on the way to Aunt Jane's house for Christmas. We will be going out there in the morning for the day. They live near Lake Oconee which is about 120 miles from our house. It is a long drive for a day trip but they are the only family we have close by.

I just finished making a Pecan Pie and a Sour Cream Pound Cake to take for dessert tomorrow. We will make a large pan of Cheesy Potatoes in the morning and that will be our contributions to the meal.

Here are a few photos of my house decorated for Christmas.

This is my collection of Santas gathered on the mantel. Bill's mother brought us a Santa that Bill got about 40 years ago when he worked at Pepsi. He remembers how proud he was to get it for her. She is trying to downsize like most of us and is giving some of her things to her family. Pepsi Santa will look great on the mantle every year at our house.

Here is the dining room table and my collection of quilt shops on the sideboard. I have a whole town but every building except one is a quilt shop. There is one bowling alley for Bill but the rest are all quilt shops.

Here is the Christmas tree, complete with a new angel for the top. I am not sure what happened to the old angel but she could not be found this year so we got a new one. The tree is full of ornaments made by many friends and my kids. I love ornament swaps and although there is not much room left on the tree, I can't resist joining in and getting more.

I think my favorite ornament is the pink yarn octopus my daughter made in kindergarten or first grade. He only has four legs but is very cute and has been on the tree for almost 35 years now.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas from me, Bill, Max and Chula!

1 comment:

  1. Just love your village! Who needs anything other than quilt shops. Well, maybe a bookstore, but the quilt shop could take care of that. We are heading your way for the day. My SIL lives off of Mabry Forest. Our paths will probably cross on 285. Have a wonderful day!!!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails