Friday, May 16, 2008

Row by Row Quilt

I am in charge of the third row for our guild row by row quilt. I choose 4 fruit and 4 vegetable blocks. They are all paper pieced and measure 6 inches when finished.

Here is the beet and pear.


The carrot and lemon.


Eggplant and corn.


Strawberry and peach.

I decided to make the fruit and vegetables from some of the fabrics that I have been collecting over the years. I had everything except the pear fabric so it is made from lime green and looks great. I am continuing to use black and white fabrics for my backgrounds. I think I forgot to post photos of last months row so will try to take pictures tomorrow to post.

Tina, who is doing hers in 30's fabric had some of her blocks done this week. They really look good. The actual class is on Tuesday so it will be fun to see what other's do for their blocks.

Each month we are doing a row for a garden quilt. The rows can be different heights but must measure 48 inches wide. This row is eight 6-inch blocks to get to the 48 inches.

The guild is going to Mary Jo's on a bus trip on Wednesday. We had such a great time last year. I don't need much fabric ever again but will look for some more black and whites and probably lime green. Can't have enough of the basics.

We will also make a side trip to Long Creek Mills where there are lots of thread bargains. I bought some cotton thread on cones that I used on the longarm with good success. We have a good time on the bus going up. As usual, I am in charge of buying some prizes for games or drawings. Mary and I will pick them out on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails