Saturday, August 04, 2007

Another Project from Las Vegas

Along with Mary Ellen Hopins, Jan Krueger taught for one day. She has worked with Mary Ellen for many years but does great work on her own. The photo that follows is her sample quilt that she brought to Las Vegas. The name of the quilt is "When Law Meets Order" and is the second of a series of three patterns.

The following is a photo of my blocks on the design wall. Since I forgot my fabric at my sister's house, we went out and bought some new fabric - of course in my favorite color, lime green. I also used black and white and purple as an accent. Robin made one block and decided not to make the whole quilt so I used it in my quilt. By the end of the seminar, I completed all the blocks but haven't had time to get them sewn together so it joins many of my other UFO's.

The pattern is basically a log cabin but it is a hexagon log cabin so is different that any other one I have made. Keeping the 60 degree angle is a bit of a trick but once I figured that out, they were easy and fun.

1 comment:

  1. This is a stunning quilt - love your colours choices!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails