Sunday, January 05, 2014

Stash Report–January 5, 2014

OK – I couldn’t decide if I wanted to do a stash report this year.  I gave up about half way through last year but decided I would try again in 2014.  Unfortunately for my report, there was a 50% off sale on the sale fabric room at work so on New Year’s Day, I bought 8 yards.  5 of a light green batik and 3 of a green polka dot.  I figured that I will use the 5 yards of batik for a backing and the other for borders on something.  Price was too good to pass up.

Last year I didn’t count yardage as used until the quilt was quilted and bound.  This year I decided that I will count the fabric in a top when it is completed and then count the backing and binding when used.  That makes more sense to me.

Here is my first stash report of the year.

Used this week:         0 yards

Used year to date:     0 yards

Added this week:      8 yards

Added year to date:  8 yards

Net used for 2014:   -8 yards

Hopefully I can finish up a couple of things and get back in the black soon.  Other stash reports are at Patchwork Times.

Melinda

1 comment:

  1. Well a girls got to do what a girls got to do and I can't imagine you passing up a good deal on anything lime green. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails