Monday, January 20, 2014

Design Wall Monday–January 20, 2014

Lots of stuff on my design wall today.  I pulled out another quilt that I started a couple of years ago in the Allatoona Guild and put part of it up on the design wall.  The pattern is Bonnie Hunter’s Smokey Mountain Stars but I have confused myself and am not sure how big I intended it to be.  I have one larger section almost put together and several rows here.  Then there are lots and lots of small blocks that have to be laid out.

012014

I also finished two more blocks for the BOM quilt.  I guess I need to press them better.

0114 - 30

0114 - 31

These are blocks 30 and 31 of 50.

The new SBS block for the week is A2 and I had already made that one.  Here it is.

Melinda Fulkerson A-2

With all this sewing, I made 10 more bowtie blocks.

0114 301-310

These are numbers 301-310.  Not sure how many I need but I guess it will be time to figure it out sometime soon.

For more design walls, go to Patchwork Times here.

Melinda

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:41 AM

    Love the polka dots!! I have a box full. Think I will combine the black and white with my polka dots! As always I love your blog - I read it first every day. I have belonged to the Tidewater Quilters Guild for 30 years! Quilting is such a major part of my life. Now that I have retired from the public library, most of my friends and activities are quilt-related. Carol in VA Bch where it might snow tomorrow night (that means a few flakes).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are really being very productive. I need to get myself in gear. The Smokey Mountain Stars remind me of an old Mary Ellen quilt that I first saw when we were in Wisconsin. Strange, why in the world do I remember that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to see other get confused when they pull out old projects. It happens to me often! Love the Smokey stars. No matter the size it will be great when finished.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails