Monday, January 13, 2014

Design Wall Monday–January 13, 2014

I have an exciting design wall today – actually yesterday is when I took photos.  We had Bonnie Hunter club at Tiny Stitches and I finished my batik Scrappy Trips!  It finished at 96 inches square with 64 blocks set 8 x 8.  Here it is in sections as I put it together.

011314 - 1

011314 - 2

 

011314 - 3

011314 - 4

All the intersections are not perfect but most are.  I can live with a few that are slightly off.  Here is the whole quilt.

011314

I love this quilt and it used a LOT of fabric for next week’s stash report.  I picked up an extra wide batik for the back but don’t know when I will have time to quilt it.

For more design walls, go to Patchwork Times.  I love Monday’s design walls.

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I've made this pattern twice and seeing your version makes me want to do another one. A feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colors and fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! What a fun quilt top, Melinda!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just lovely - so bright and cheery. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I love how colorful your quilt is. It is so cheerful. Good for you getting it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great quilt! Such wonderful colors makes your eyes take a nice leisurely walk all around that beauty! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilt. I wish I could convince myself to cut into my batik stash - maybe someday. I want to do this pattern with one color family. I can't close my blue scrap drawer, so perhaps this is the answer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These quilts are always so pleasing. Yours is beautiful/

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails