Wednesday, August 20, 2008

More Shopping

We had a great time today. I picked up Linda at the area yesterday and we stopped at IKEA. We looked at everything there and I found a few things I would really like to have but I managed to get out of there with just a few small things.

Today we went out and did a little shopping again. We went to Fiber on a Whim and then to downtown Marietta. We spent a little time looking at Antique Stores and then went to the Rubber Stamp Fantasy store. Had fun there and just bought a couple of things.

After leaving downtown, we stopped at the Marietta Diner for lunch. We then went to Little Quilts where I picked up a couple of patterns and a book.


These are the patterns - an apron and a VOTE quilt. I probably won't make the VOTE quilt, but I really like it. I wouldn't put a date on it but it would be great fun to bring it out every election time. Of course, recently the election time is almost non-stop now, isn't it.


Also I love pincushions and couldn't resist this book. The pincushions in it are really cute and don't look too hard to make.


At Fiber on a Whim, I got two books. The one above is a Fabric Art book that has detailed directions for all sorts of good sounding things - Paint Sticks, foiling, dyeing, and lots of other ways to alter fabric.

The last book I have to show was also from Fiber on a Whim. I bought a Janome embellisher last year but really haven't done much with it. This book has ideas for using the machine embellisher and also ideas for hand needle felting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails