Monday, August 18, 2008

Cleaning up the Craft Room

Before I retired, I worked from home for several years. Since there are just the two of us and we have both a living room and a family room, we turned the living room into my office.

Since I retired, I still have the office but use it for more fun things. I have been reorganizing in there and think I have a plan of how I want it to look. So far, I do like this one area. The desk top is stand-up height and is in addition to a regular desktop. I still have a lot of work to do but at least I have some chance of finding things I am looking for which is much better than it was last week.

The boxes hold my paint brushes, colored pencil, punches, scissors, etc. The book in the middle of the table is one I have been gluing inspiration pictures in that I just don't want to throw away. Under it is my September calender. I used to do a monthly calendar/diary each month but it has been a couple of years since the last one. I am ready to go as soon as September gets here.

Linda comes tomorrow. We have a quilt show meeting tomorrow at the same time she is scheduled to arrive. Hopefully her plane will be on time and we can get to the meeting before it is over. I am in charge of the judging process and feel that I need to be at each meeting. In the afternoon we plan on going to Fiber on a Whim and then to the cigar store to buy empty boxes. IKEA on Wednesday and then off to Nashville Thursday morning.


1 comment:

  1. Whew! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has busy creative space! I love what you did with the boxes -- great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails