Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mary Lou Weidman in Georgia

This is the quilt that I think I will base mine on. Mary Lou does hand applique and I think I will use fusible. While I like hand applique, I would also like the quilt to be finished sometime in my lifetime. With fusible there is at least a chance that I will finish it.


We have been waiting for Mary Lou to come to Georgia for a long time and today was the first day of a two day workshop for Christmas Quilts. Unfortunately, I had to teach my beginning class in the morning so didn't get the class until after lunch. I did manage to stop by and drop off my stash of fabrics that I was going to use. Of course, after starting, I decided needed different fabrics.


Here is one of the quilts that Mary Lou brought along with her. It is a feather tree.



Here is a wreath. Many of the people in the class are making one based on this. Pam is making hers featuring the 12 days of Christmas. Mary Lou drew special patterns for her - lucky girl.





2 comments:

  1. THank you for posting such lovely quilts.

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her work. We need to have her at our guild.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails