Saturday, July 29, 2006

Christmas Quilts, Sally Collins and the Big Chicken



This is a quilt I made for Christmas in July at Tiny Stitches, my local quilt shop. The pattern came from Quick Quilts - Jan 06. There are a lot of good patterns in that magazine.

I have been really busy over the last couple of weeks getting ready for Christmas in July so haven't posted here. I made 2 quilts and quilted a few others for the shop and now I am behind on customer quilts so I need to get busy with that right away.

My local quilt guild, East Cobb Quilter's Guild, had Sally Collins http://www.sallycollins.org/. She is a wonderful quilter and teacher and author and we had a great 3 days. I am program chairman for the guild so spent a lot of time on her visit and loved every minute of it. The workshops filled up quickly so I did not actually attend them but monitored them to make sure everything went well. Fortunately, everything was great and didn't require much from me at all. Yesterday, after our morning guild meeting, we even did a mini shop hop of the three quilt shops here in Marietta and of course, had to show her the Big Chicken http://roadsidegeorgia.com/site/bigchicken.html. It is a local landmark that all directions seem to be related to. You always hear things like "just West of the Big Chicken". You have to be from here to understnad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails