Monday, September 16, 2013

Design Wall Monday–September 16, 2013

Sorry I missed last week’s design wall but was busy with a friend and not on the net most of the week.

Here is what is on my design wall today, it is there simply because I dug it out this morning and hung it up again.  My friend Marti, showed me her completed quilt/wall hanging yesterday and shamed me into getting mine back out.  Not sure I will have time this week to work on it but at least it is out where I can see it.

091613

I am going to put a lime green mini border or flange on and then a piano key border of black on white prints. 

Since I spent the last week helping plan a memorial service and reception afterwards and spending time with my friend who lost her husband suddenly last Sunday, I didn’t actually get anything at all done during the week. I haven’t posted for a week except for my beginning machine piecing class last Wednesday.  I hope to get back at it now.

I received my batik hexies from the swap sometime last night.  They are beautiful.

0913 Batik Hexies from Swap

Here are the ones I sent for the swap.

0913 Batik Hexies for Swap

Since I kept one of each of the sets I made, I have the beginning (and middle) of a great quilt.

For more design walls, go to Patchwork Times.

Melinda

2 comments:

  1. Do you mind sharing what pattern you're using for the spools? They're adorable and love the 'thread'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you for being such a good friend! When I suddenly lost my hubby a few years ago, I could not have made it without my friends. There is a special place for people who's heart is so caring they drop everything to come to your aide. I also would be interested in your technique for the thread spools :) Your quilt is going to be lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails