Monday, August 26, 2013

Design Wall Monday–August 26, 2013

Nothing on my design wall today but I thought I would show you the beginnings of a new project.  The Allatoona Guild is going to be doing a mystery quilt instead of our usual Block of the Month next year.  It is designed by Pat Wys of Silver Thimble Quilt Co.  Because it is a mystery, I won’t be blogging about it during the year but I can share the fabrics I am going to use.

It is going to be a two color quilt but of course two colors does not necessarily mean two fabrics, although that would certainly work.  First I went through all my Kaffe prints but finally decided that they were just too busy to do credit to this design.  Then I started looking at various colors and finally decided on purple.  Tiny Stitches had a fat quarter sale (buy one, get one free) over the weekend so I bought purples.  I need about 5 yards but ended up getting a little more for variety.

082613 1

082613

082613 2

On the bottom of the top two photos are a couple of the possible backgrounds – white and grey. I haven’t decided on it yet, but think I will use only one fabric for the background.

For more design walls, go to Patchwork Times and check out all the links.

Melinda

2 comments:

  1. Melinda you sure made out on the FQ BOGO deal. Your assortment of purples is wonderful. I recognize some of my favorites among them. So it sounds like you know the outcome of the Mystery? Are you the organizer or perhaps just guessing about the Kaffe prints being too busy. I recently made a Pat Wys design. Love her stuff! I like the first fabric, but it looks creamy less than white. Enjoy the mystery! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? Not lime green?!? :-) Pam

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails