Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Las Vegas–Day One

We arrived in Las Vegas Sunday afternoon but were not able to get in the sewing room until Monday morning.  We started making Hidden Wells quilts right off.  Here are the fabrics I had picked before leaving Georgia.

I changed a couple of the purple fabrics using my sister’s stash but don’t have a photo of them.  Here is the current state of my Hidden Wells.  I have just started to sew the blocks together.

Some of you might remember how excited we were a few years ago to find that Las Vegas had one of our favorite restaurants called Roberto’s.  Well last year we found that it had changed hands but never could remember what the new name is so we just call it Not Roberto’s.  Here is the sign at Not Roberto’s.

Fortunately the food hasn’t changed at all.  Here is the menu.

Here was lunch!

Thank goodness Not Roberto’s makes the same rolled tacos that Roberto’s did.  Yum!  After lunch we went back and sewed for a while but interrupted our afternoon by a trip to one of the local quilt shops.  I got a few things but left them in the sewing room – will get photos later.

Today’s project is Hunter’s Star taught by my sister Robin.  Stay tuned for more.

Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails