Friday, November 19, 2010

Doll Quilt for Allatoona Holiday Party

The Allatoona Quilters’ Guild has a holiday party/meeting on the first Tuesday in December.  We always have an optional gift exchange.  In past years we have exchanged ornaments, tote bags, table runners and more that I can’t remember.  This year we are exchanging doll quilts. 

The rules are pretty simple.  We each make a small doll quilt.  The measurements need to be 12 inches minimum on a side with a maximum of 24 inches.  It can be any size as long as it fits in these measurements and the quilt has small blocks or designs.  A regular 12 inch block is not OK.

I made a candle mat for another swap out of a charm pack of “Make Life” and didn’t use all the charms.  I didn’t use any of the solid colors so I started with them and played with what to do.  I made half square triangles that measure 1 1/2 inches finished.  There were four different solid colors in the charm pack.  Of course I used them up quickly but I did have another charm pack so opened it up and kept going.

I wish I had taken more photos of the different options I played with but here is the final setting – missing two blocks that I am working on.

I am liking how it is turning out.  I don’t think I will put a border on but will decide after I get it completely pieced.

Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails