Saturday, November 04, 2006

Halloween Brick Road Quilt

Halloween Brick Road Quilt
Cute Scarecrow border for quilt
I actually made the body of this quilt about 5-6 years ago. It was the first quilt I made from a class at Tiny Stitches, my LQS. It has lots of bright kids prints and was made from the Yellow Brick Road pattern. I made all the blocks at the class but didn't actually get the top put together for almost a year.

Once it was pieced, I had to quilt it. After I first got my longarm, I did a lot of practice quilts and this was one of them. I quilted around the scarecrows in the border and did a meander variation in the body of the quilt. I got my Gammill in 2001 and probably quilted this quilt in 2002.

It has sat on a stack of partially completed quilts ever since. All it needed was binding and I finally got that done last night. Unfortunately, this is not the only quilt that was waiting for binding - there are at least a couple more. Of course, there is a large stack of quilts waiting to be quilted also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails