Monday, December 17, 2012

Design Wall Monday–December 17, 2012

Today I have a design table and a plan.

These piles of fabrics will be turned into Christmas gifts by this afternoon – at least that is the plan.  The gift exchange will be tonight and I would hate to have to give out IOUs.

I have been busy quilting customer quilts – almost done but haven’t had time to do anything else which is why I haven’t posted for the past few days.  Last Friday was the ECQG Holiday party.  I was asked to teach a make and take.  I have done it a couple of other years.  This year I taught a cute little bobbin flower pin.  I cut the fabric (red batik) with my zig-zag rotary cutter blade, bought the bobbins and pinbacks from eBay.  They were packaged up in little kits that we handed out.  It only takes a few minutes and everyone looked festive when wearing their new flower pins.

The first one (red) is one made during make and take.  The black and white one was made last year by my friend Janice for all the Piecemakers.  I stole her idea (with her permission).  Is anyone interested in a tutorial?  It is very simple.

For more design walls, go to Patchwork Times and get inspired.

Melinda

4 comments:

  1. There you are......I was starting to worry about you. Can't wait to see what you're making for tonight. Love the bobbin flowers, they are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very cute! I would be happy to see a tutorial, as it looks like a wonderful little gift for a quilter or sewist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bobbin pins are darling. I used to wear a lot of pins when I worked in a big corporation. Now that I am in a much dirtier environment I don't dress up like I used to and so my pin collection is languishing in the jewelry box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to see a tutorial. Very cute with the use of the bobbin!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails