Monday, December 10, 2012

Design Wall Monday–December 10, 2012

I took down the blue and white zig-zag quilt.  I still plan on working on it, but it was bothering me and I need a rest from it.  On my design ironing board today are the fabrics I am going to use for out annual mystery quilt at the Tiny Stitches retreat next month.

Debbie Caffrey has designed the quilt for our last several years, We are so excited that she is actually going to come to the retreat with us this year.

Here is the fabric I choose.

The directions call for 5 fabrics from light to very dark.  Starting from the left here are mine.  The check is my sashing and binding and the floral is my border.  I love these new Lakehouse fabrics from Pam Kitty Morning.

Lynda, Debbie and I went to the Empty Bowl Brunch yesterday.  This is our second year.  Here are the bowls we picked out.

Lynda’s is on the left, mine in the middle and Debbie’s on the right.  We filled them with soup and had a lovely lunch.

Here are a couple of photos of the bowls on tables waiting to be selected.

Can’t wait until next year.

For more design walls, go to Patchwork Times.  There is always lots of inspiration there.

Melinda

4 comments:

  1. No matter what you make from those fabrics it will be GRAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lunch sounds wonderful too.
    Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your design ironing board is very dotty--love that! What a bright and beautiful quilt this will be. The bowl brunch looks like a lot of fun too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous fabrics! I'm interrested in knowing more about the empty bowl brunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard others talk about empty bowl brunches, too. Sounds like fun! And... fabulous prints up there! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails