Friday, October 26, 2012

Blogger’s Quilt Festival

This time I think I will feature my Sampler quilt that I designed for a class at Tiny Stitches.  The purpose of the quilt is to introduce more advanced blocks and techniques to students who have learned the basics.  It is a large lap sized quilt when completed as I did.

0912 Sampler Savvy

It features some of my favorite blocks, including a grandmothers flower (it isn’t actually a flower garden with one flower).

0912 Grandmother's Flower Garden

Dresden Plate

Drunkard’s Path

0912 Drunkard's Path

I also loved the spool block but the students, not so much.

0912 Spools

Some of the blocks I designed and some I got from EQ7.  I used a white on white background and 9 batik fabrics for the blocks, plus the sashing/border and cornerstones.  One regret is that the cornerstones don’t show up enough.  I wish they had more contrast.

It was fun making and designing the quilt and I am enjoying teaching the class.

The quilt is approximately 60 x 72 inches.

Techniques include EPP, hand applique as well as standard piecing

Designed, pieced and quilted by me

Categories:  Throw sized quilt, professionally quilted by me

Be sure to go to the Blogger’s Quilt Festival page and check out all the wonderful quilts.

Melinda

10 comments:

  1. I love this quilt - the colors really appeal to me! I also like that the Drunkard's Path photo is blurry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right the cornerstone's don't show up well (I had to go back and look again) but no biggie. I think the quilt is great and a wonderful second quilt for your students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty fabrics & design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bright and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:36 PM

    I love your blog. How did you manage all the templates for this class? Dresden plate, EPP etc. I have been wanting to teach those folks who have gone past beginner. I usually start with a baby quilt, because it is more likely to get finished. We are waiting for the big storm, Sandy, here in VA Bch.
    Carol Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT colors in your sampler! Fun, fun stuff!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your bright colours. The sashing and border fabric is perfect too. Wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh its lovely - I love the pattern you have used to quilt it too. Thanks for sharing. #263

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a sampler quilt. Good idea to have more challenging blocks for those who have learned the basics. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails