Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Friend Danielle

Danielle and Melinda 0308

Here is a photo of my friend Danielle and me taken a few years ago – obviously at a quilt show.  Danielle is in Little Rock at the University of Arkansas medical facility.  She has a brain tumor and the best neurosurgeon in the world will be operating on her this week.  Dr. Yasagril is highly recommended and Danielle is grateful that he has agreed to accept her as a patient.

Lynda and her husband are also in Little Rock to give support to Danielle and her husband.  She has an 11 year old daughter who is staying in Georgia.  I will be at Danielle’s house during the evenings, shared with my other friends, to take care of her and get her off to school on time.  This week is a school vacation so she is staying with friends.  We hope that Danielle will be able to travel back to Georgia for her recovery in less that two weeks.

Please pray for a good outcome and that all goes well.

Melinda

11 comments:

  1. prayers for a good outcome for all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been praying and thinking about Danielle since you told me the awful news. I will continue to think positive thoughts for her and her family. She's lucky to have all of you for your friendship and support. God speed Daniella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will definitely be praying - keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will pray for her and all of you who love her.
    hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Life isn't fair.......all the best for Danielle..........

    ReplyDelete
  6. good wishes sent to you for a successful and speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At your request I immediately sent prayers for Danielle and her family and asked God to guide this surgeon's hands.Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet photo of the two of you -- will be praying for Danielle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the update. Danielle and family are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. Hoping for a speedy recovery. Please post updates.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many, many prayers being sent for Danielle and all her friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Melinda, and all your friends for the prayers and kind thoughts. I am sincerely hoping that I'll be discharged from the hospital today. I still have to stay close by for 48 hours minimum, but I'm really doing better than the doc expected which is good.

    I'm so grateful to you and Stella and Jan for taking care of Kimberly this week. I honestly can't imagine how all this would work, otherwise.

    The post surgical trauma has not been as awfully as the surgery I had in January, which is pretty amazing. Hopefully I'll be back to something more normal a bit quicker this time. Pretty amazing stuff.

    Thanks for everything! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails