Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Community Service at Allatoona Quilters’ Guild

Yesterday was a community service day and we worked on string quilts.  I brought a bolt of muslin that I had bought a few years ago when I was under a delusion that I was going to make a cathedral window quilt.  I came to my senses but still had the fabric so I decided to use it for the foundations for string blocks.  I cut kits for several kits and managed to use more than 10 yards that I can report next week.  Of course the bolt was a 50 yard bolt so I still have plenty of muslin left.  I need to cut a set of foundations for my own use so I can work on a top from my scraps.  I forgot that I also took my 1 1/2 inch strip bin and donated all of them.  Here are a few of the blocks that were completed today.

a

 

Melinda

2 comments:

  1. Wow -- looks like you all had a GREAT turnout!! Love all the string blocks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:02 PM

    That is so wonderful. I live in Virginia Beach, VA which is a huge Navy community. My guild is very involved in " Quilts of Valor". We have sent 1300 quilts to Ramstein, Germany to the Army hospital so every wounded military person gets a quilt as they get on the planes to the USA.
    Nation-wide thousands of quilts are sent over.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you. Make sure I have a way to contact you if you have a question.

Related Posts with Thumbnails